At Yealmpton Primary School we are proud of the curriculum we are providing. This has been achieved through researching and developing learning and teaching across the curriculum, taking account of national, regional and local initiatives as well as formulating our own approaches.
We believe in the concept of lifelong learning and the notion that learning should be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for everyone. Through our teaching, we equip children with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be able to make informed choices about the important things in their lives. We believe that appropriate teaching and learning experiences help children to lead happy and rewarding lives.
We have drawn upon the passion and expertise of our staff to produce a challenging, rigorous and exciting new curriculum that:
- Promotes high expectations of children achievement and progress;
- Engages the children’s interest, encouraging them to want to learn;
- Captures the children’s interest so they are motivated and challenged in developing and deepening basic skills;
- Ensures every child has access to a rich, broad and balanced range of learning opportunities that are exciting and challenging;
- Offers our children first-hand experiences to re-enforce their learning and to underpin their growing knowledge, skills and understanding.